We all know how well I have been blogging lately so I figured I would do it early rather than not at all!! These pictures are from christmas eve. The first time we have had a family picture since I think Max's baptism. The kids picture makes me giggle cause it is soooooo just like them all.
We had a wonderful Christmas and it really couldn't have gone any better. It ended up being a white one even though we had 50 degrees and rain on Christmas eve. The weather was a little dicey so grandma and grandpa snyder were not able to make it out which was kind of sad. Grandma gave us all a scare with what we originally thought might have been a blood clot in her leg but thankfully it ended up not being one and was actually an inflammation of sorts. She was put on antibiotics and is doing well.
The big present for the family this year was the Wii....I am not sure who enjoys it more, the kids or Drew and I. It is so much fun and it is going just about every single minute of the day. I have to admit that after the first day of playing I awoke with muscles pretty darn sore!! Thankfully I have played enough now that they don't hurt so much anymore. I highly recommend this game to everybody....young and old!!
We had our annual brunch on christmas morning and there was plenty of food and goodies....I really needed the Wii to work off everything I ate. But you know....it is only once a year so you gotta do it right?
Tonight will be a quiet night I think....we are not big celebraters of New Years Eve and our weather is kind of snowy and blustery today so it will be perfect to stay home and pop in one of the new dvds and play some games. Still waiting to hear if Maddie has to babysit or not but I am hoping she doesn't so we can all be together. New Years eve and New Years day always make me feel a little bit melancholy. You just never know what the new year is going to bring....whether it be joy or sadness. Makes me worry just a bit. It is also sad cause a new year is starting once again without mom.
I am not a resolution type of girl....can't stand making them and then failing them. I am however a goal oriented girl. This past year I realized several of my goals such as earning a spot on a design team as well as some personal goals for myself. This year will be no exception...I have a list started of things that I want to accomplish this year and I will enjoy crossing them off as I do them. It is a new beginning and I plan on making every moment count. No more wasting time and effort on things I can't change and no more whining when I feel that life is unfair.
Athletically....Drew did very well at the wrestling tournament this past weekend. He placed first in his weight class. All matches were pretty quick with him pinning his opponent in less then a minute but the last one. The last one lasted the full 6 minutes....scared the bejeepers out of me when his opponent used an illegal move on his shoulder but thankfully Drew and the coach both stopped the match before things got too bad. I was very pleased with how fast they both responded...Drew by tapping out to the ref and the Coach by jummping on that mat faster than I have ever seen him move. They both know that that is my stipulation for letting him wrestle this season and they both reaccted exactly as they should have. He has another tournament this upcoming weekend so again I will be on pins and needles but hey....he is happy and that is all I can ask for at the moment.
Here is wishing you all a very Happy New Year with many, many, many blessings to you all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Jenn, beautiful family you have! May God bless you throughout the new year.

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful family!!

preci28 said...

Love your family photo!