Where to Begin!!

12:57:00 PM | 0 Comments


It has been a long time since I blogged last. Too long!! I just took a lot longer to recover from my incident then initially thought. Hopefully I am on the mend now and soon I can wake up without any sort of ailment!!

I don't know where to begin so I guess I will just start with Mother's Day. I had a wonderful day from start to finish....I woke up to my hubby's famous pancakes and went to sleep when the day was done with my son's awesome cheesecake in my tummy! And everything in between was wonderful too. I did have a moment of sadness while sitting in church and seeing a little girl in front of me with the most beautiful gingham dress on. It had adorable pink buttons and she had adorable black mary janes on. Why would this make me sad? Because it reminded me of all of the pretty little dresses that my mom would make the girls and it just made me miss her so terribly much! I can't even begin to count how many dresses she must have made. Each one was a little piece of artwork....she was an amazing seamstress!! I still have hanging in my closet the very last dress that she ever made...Abby's First Communion dress...I don't have the heart or the gumption to ever put it away...it is a reminder to me of my mom and what an awesome mom she was. Eventually when the time is right I will give this dress to Abby for her own daughter to wear but for now it is a piece of my mom that I can't bear to give away.

Okay, I guess I got a little sidetracked there....We went to the Olive Garden with Andrew's family for dinner. The great grand parents, the grand parents and Drew's aunt and uncle from California. The biggest and best surprise was that Maddie drove down from Rochester to eat with us. I didn't even have a clue that the boys called her to tell her about it. That was a wonderful Mother's Day surprise for me!! Then of course because we were in the "big city" I was allowed to go to some craft stores and of course buy some new goodies!! Hopefully these new items will get me out of my crafty slump and help me get my butt in gear once again!!

On that note...I have a tiny little bit of exciting news...I won a layout contest for an online scrapbooking magazine!! You can click here to see the article. So my layout above has been published!! How cool is that!! This is a favorite layout of mine and it just warmed my heart that it was chosen. Made my crappy month just a little bit less crappy!!

I am going to go and create now in my newly cleaned and organized scrap room. Hopefully (fingers and toes crossed) I will have something new to share with you tomorrow!! Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: