This is a canvas layout that I made for Abby's friend Elysia for her 16th birthday. I am so pleased with how it turned out. Elysia and her family have been friends of ours for a long time!! When Elysia was 9 her mother, my very good friend, was killed in an automobile accident 2 days before Christmas. She has faced to much in her life and yet she always has a positive attitude and is really quite an inspiration. I hope she likes this canvas...I wanted to showcase the friendship between the two of them!!

In my last post I mentioned that Andrew would be receiving an award at the Spring Sports banquet. I am pleased to tell you that he received the Holley-Brunson Memorial Award which is given for dedication, leadership, sacrifice and cooperation. We are so proud of him for winning this very special award!!

We finally have a boys 16-18 baseball league started this year. Last night was their first game and although they didn't win they really played very well. Our team is made up mostly of the Cassadaga Cougar team with a few other players from around the county. The team we played last night was made up of all All Star baseball players from the county. So they were an exceptionally good team. It was really cool to see our guys hold their own...even without a single practice before hand!!

School will be wrapping up for good next week. Abby and Andrew have one more exam on Tuesday. Max graduates from kindergarten on Tuesday as well but his official last day is Thursday. Andrew (hubby) has his last day on Thursday too. So then we can officially ring in SUMMER!! I sure hope that the weather gets back on track though because the last few days have been terribly rainy and chilly! I want SUMMER! I want SUN! I want HEAT! Is that too much to ask for?

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you all have a great day!!

No comments: