He Can Play!!

12:41:00 PM | 0 Comments

WooHoo!! Went to the doctor yesterday and discussed everything. He sees no reason why Drew wouldn't be able to play another season of football with his shoulder as is. But he does recommend the surgery for as soon as the season is over. That means no wrestling and cutting it close with baseball but I am sure he will be fine in time for baseball. Our season starts later than most do. I wish with all my heart that I had a camera at the office with me because I would have loved more than anything to capture the smile on his face when the doctor told him. Now this is definitely without risks but Dr. Babins feels that his shoulder is strong enough to protect the injured ligaments and that with a special brace that he is ordering along with the custom fit pads he should be relatively safe. However if an injury does occur then he will have to have surgery sooner than the November date. We will take it....he is ecstatic.

Just wanted to share our happy news. I will certainly be a nervous wreck the entire season but I usually am anyways.

Oh yeah....Max went to his kindergarten visitation yesterday and in his words "I had toooooooo much fun" lets just hope that he feels the same way come September when I put him on that big yellow bus and say goodbye. He is such a cutie!!

No comments: