Yesterday was a pretty sad day in our household. No, nothing life threatening but a big bump in the road for Andrew Thomas. The doctor called with the results of his MRI done with the dye. It was suppose to just confirm the diagnosis of the lack of fusion in his shoulder bone....which it did. But it also found that he has a torn Labrum as well as a small tear in one of the ligaments. Surgery is recommended which means 4 weeks in a sling and 5 months without sports. He is just devastated. He has been working so hard to get ready for the upcoming football season. He has college scouts already interested in him and the plain fact that he just LOVES the game of football. We have an appointment on the 18th and we will discuss with the doctor all of the options....just in case there is a slim chance he can play football and then have the surgery. I know that sounds terrible that we would even think of letting him play but it is so hard to see the devastation this has brought him. Say a prayer please for him. Like I said this isn't life threatening and for that I am so glad but it truly hurts my heart to see him hurting so badly.


Yesterday before we got the news I was actually able to scrap. The weather has been awesome this week....so hot!! I love it!! But it makes it hard to stay inside and get any scrapping done....especially when you want to be in the pool and soak up those rays. But the weather was kind of iffy yesterday with several storms blowing through so I stayed put and in my scrap room. I made this layout with all the new papers and chipboard from the K&C recycled papers line. Love them!! This was Max and daddy way back in 2004 when the whole family was together at my brother Kerry's. This was the last time that we were all together before mom passed away. I have avoided scrapping any of the pics from this time because it was just too hard. But I think the time has come to do them. I don't want to forget those times and I feel now that I can actually remember them with smiles instead of sadness.

No comments: