I have been scrapping for many years as most of you know that. I have been scrapping online for about 5 years and through this I have met (even if only "cyberly") many, many friends. I was deeply saddened yesterday to hear of the passing of one of my oldest and dearest cyber friends Janice. She and I met at ScrapJazz first and we have been following each other around the net ever since. She was one of the sweetest ladies that I have ever met. She was true to her faith, so very much in love with her husband, her family was everything to her and this was all seen through her wonderful layouts. I feel like I know her family almost as well as my own. She was always there to give you a compliment on a layout or words of encouragement when you needed to hear them. She was pretty uncanny that way always seeming to know when somebody needed a lift. Her daughter Rachel had the enormous task of letting each scrapping community that Janice belonged to know of her mother's death. I can only imagine how terribly hard that was for her. Not to mention that Janice had many, many scrapping places she called home. It was not long before the entire Cyber Scrapping Community was made of aware of her passing and not very long after that that people have gathered together trying to think of things to do for Janice's family. If you knew Janice and want to do something special follow this link to the Coordinate Collections Blog and Jamie has a few ideas there for all us to do.

I know that personally my life was made so much brighter by just knowing Janice and seeing her smiling face every time I logged onto my computer. She will be deeply missed by me and so many others out there. But I can imagine she is right up there with Jesus helping him make a scrapbook of his journeys. God Bless You Janice...I already miss you!!

2 comments:

ScrapAddict said...

She was truely a wonderful person. I was only touched by her briefly.....but it left a lasting impression. I'm certain she has a special place in Heaven.

Mindy Gibson said...

Janice will be missed by many. I had just recently been introduced to her, but she had a special charm.