Abby and Kelsey at Kel's graduation ceremony
Andrew, Abby, Kayla and sweet Nana who was the foreign exchange student from Denmark this year. This was the last time the kids were going to see her and they were pretty sad!
Andrew and Nate at Nate's graduation party. Nate and Nana are dating and Nate is planning on moving to Denmark to go to college and be with her. How sweet is that?


Remember that I told you earlier this month that I submitted a layout to be considered for winning the Guest Designer Spot at Coordinates Collections? Well, I WON!! So I get to be the Guest Designer for August and I can't tell you how excited I am because I just love this site and I love Jamie's kits and I am honored to have been chosen!! I can't wait to get my kit and work on my designs!!

I also won the CPS card sketch blog last week as well and I received in the mail the cutest stamp sets from 2 Red Banana's as well as a bunch of ribbon!! I can't wait to work with these new stamps as well!! I guess I have plenty to keep me motivated and in the creating mood this month!!

I have had the opportunity to take lots of pictures this past week as well. With grad parties, graduation, a Jammers game (which was rained out) and a Bisons game which was also rain delayed...not having much luck in the baseball department here lately due to all of our crappy weather!! But at least we have been busy and trying to enjoy the start of summer even though it really doesn't feel like it with the rain and chilly temps!!

I also spent yesterday accomplishing something that I have wanted to master for forever it seems. I have been crocheting since I was a little girl. My Grandma Mary taught me and I enjoy making blankets, especially baby blankets. I never did get to learn how to knit though and it has bothered me quite a bit. I have tried several times to teach myself and just didn't get it. Well, with a new found determination and a pretty cool website: Knitting Help, I think that I have finally figured out the casting on part and the knit stitch. Maybe today if I feel brave enough I will try and conquer the purl stitch. Now I certainly am not ready to follow a pattern and make anything of substance but it feels good to know that I have figured this out for the most part and hopefully can continue on and learn how to knit a pair of socks. That is my goal for this year...to knit a pair of socks!!

No comments: