So today I am 41....I don't feel 41 and I don't feel at all bad that I have made it to the 40+ ers as my husband informed me this morning. I am embracing a new year of life and I am going to enjoy all that it brings my way! I get a little sad though thinking that the woman who gave me life is no longer here with me to celebrate but I am always thankful for what she gave me and still gives me today as everything that I am is because of her!

What I am I doing to celebrate this day...well, I haven't really thought about that yet. The kids are so busy with school and extras and as always money is a little tight after the holidays so I really don't want to go out to eat and waste money or sabotage my diet. I know that my sweetheart is going to make me a cake with his new mixer from Christmas and I am a bit excited about that. Other than that I think it will be a quiet night at home with my family whenever they get home and a Sabres game. Maybe even pop some popcorn! Oh and maybe even some special hot cocoa. I don't need a lot to make me happy!!

Saturday though I am going to get my hair done. It is a long awaited reward for getting something taken care of last year that I had put off way too long. SO I am going to get my hair cut....I am thinking short because right now it is down to my butt and the only way I can stand to wear it is a pony tail. So I am thinking of going drastically different! Let's see if I have the guts to do it!

And I have been faithful with my resolution of creating everyday. I have started a long term project of a beautiful afghan in a creamy oh so soft yarn. It is done up in little 4x4 squares of which I have to make a ton of! Then painstakingly sew them all together. I usually just crochet one piece afghans so this is something different for me but I really think the end result will be so worth the work!! I also scrapped this adorable photo of my cousins daughter and grandson. When I received it in their Christmas card this year I just knew that I had to scrap it. And....I am thinking of opening an ETSY store. I had been very successful on EBAY when I had my store but I just  needed a break and ended up closing it. This time I am looking more at making embellishments and little pieces for scrapbooking rather than the larger projects that took so much time and stressed me out. I am still not sure but I am in the thinking process of it now. I will have to research further to see if it would really be worthwhile.


So I thank you for stopping by today and I hope that you have a wonderful day filled with many blessings! The sun is shining here and we are over 30 degrees...God is really smiling down on me today!!

1 comment:

ScrapAddict said...

Birthday Jenn! Hope He continues to smile on you and your loved ones!!