I can't believe it but Max is 5 years old today!! Where in the world has the time gone? His birthday is always a little melancholy for me because when we celebrated his first birthday it was in the nursing home with my mom where she was spending her very last days. I am bound and determined not to go there today though. My baby is 5 and it is his first time having a birthday at school. I have been baking cupcakes all morning and getting them ready to take to the school at 2. He is excited that I am coming to his classroom today and I have to say that I am pretty excited about it too!! We are having pizza and wings for dinner....was there any doubt that that would be what he requested for his birthday dinner....nope. Not at all!! Then having grandma and grandpa over for cake and ice cream. Or actually cupcakes and ice cream at Max's request. Poor little guy has to wait until 7 to open his presents because daddy and Drew won't be home until then. I think he will make it though!!


This layout today is one for the new recipe in October over at MMFY. Max certainly loves his chocolate. Of course he asked for chocolate cupcakes and chocolate frosting and chocolate ice cream for his birthday. Wonder where he gets his love for the stuff....I can't even imagine (smile)


And I wanted to share the kids pictures from school this year. I am so happy with the way they turned out. I think they are pretty darn adorable kids. Can't wait to see Max's when they come in sometime next week.


Well I am off to finish cleaning....can't have the grandparents coming to a messy house tonight.

2 comments:

ScrapAddict said...

Beautiful children. Happy Birthday Max. Think of happy thoughts of your Mother, I'm sure that's what she would want. And....big HUGS for you!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX!!!!!!!!!