It has been a few days since updating but that is just because life is busy as usual! We are getting ready for our first significant snowfall of the season...and though I am hoping they are wrong my bones are aching like they are right. Will have to let you know tomorrow. The wind is surely howling out there right now.




On the family front...Abby is currently 2 hours way in Roy Hart for a volleyball playoff game. We opted not to go because it is sooo far away and well because....lets just say past experience tells us we don't really need to be there. (Coach issues) anyways, if they lose then the season is done and I have to tell you that Abby would be perfectly fine with that. JAVA starts on Saturday is she is just anxious to get that started.




The boys will be playing their final football game on saturday. Against an old rival....Falconer. It should be pretty exciting and I certainly hope that they end the season on a positve note. Fingers and toes crossed!!




We still haven't gotten a chance to see Maddie play rugby but we are hoping that everything works out for this sunday for us to go up there. She has a new pet....I think that it is a rat...a white one. Cute little bugger and she named her Trinity. I am glad that she will have something to keep her company while she is busy studying...not sure what I am going to think when Ms. Trinity comes home for vacations....teheheee.
We had some sad events happen over the past week as well. Andrew's great aunt Phyllis passed away from pancreatic cancer. We knew that it was coming but it still is a sock in the gut when it happens. But then Phyllis' daughter went to wake up her husband the next day and he had passed away in his sleep. He was only 47 and he had a massive heart attack. So poor Wendy lost her mom on Sunday and then her husband on Monday. Please keep her family in your prayers. She has 2 young children and they are taking it very hard.


I have been busy scrapping this week. Lots of deadlines to meet and lots and lots of things on my plate. I can share some of them but the others will have to wait (smile) The first layout is of a picture that I took of my brother at his 4th of July party this past summer. I really liked the perspective of this picture. And my journaling talks about how proud I am that he is my brother. This was for my recipe of the week over at MMFY The next one is also for MMFY and it was for my October stash DT challenge. What do we all have in our stash? Scraps....so you had to do a layout using only scraps and nothing larger than 2x2. I am holding Maddie in this picture and it tugs at my heart whenever I see it. It just really amazes me that she is off on her own and oh so grown up. How in the world did that happen.

2 comments:

ScrapAddict said...

HUGS Jenn! Lots on your plate!!

Rox-Ann said...

Wow gorgeous layouts Jenn, and as usual you are as busy as ever! Remember to take time for yourself!