I am so proud of this kid...I can't even begin to tell you!! Yesterday he was inducted into the National Honor Society....the official ceremony will be on December 3rd. With everything that he does he still maintains high grades and it just amazes me how he does it all! Then last night at the Football Banquet he received the Joe Annarella Sportsmanship award which is a big big thing in our school. Joe Annarella was a previous football coach for CVCS when he was tragically killed in an automobile accidentmany years ago. This award is voted on by the team so it is really special to Andrew that his team mates chose him for this honor. He also joined the ranks of the 1000 pound club.... a newly formed club which was established for whomever can lift 1000 pounds doing 3 types of lifts. He is actually at about 1200 now but I don't know the exact weights for each lift. I will have to figure that out later. Andrew is such a hard worker in everything that he does. He doesn't give up even when things are pretty tough. I truly believe that this attitude is going to take him so far in this world. I do have one beef with him at the moment and that is because he is completely stressing me out. He wants to wrestle this year...he feels that since he is not having surgery and that he wrestled all last season with the same injury that he should be able to wrestle again this year with a few precautions. I have not decided on this issue yet....I know what his dad wants him to do and I know what the coaches all want him to do but there is a big difference from last year. Last year I knew that his shoulder hurt.....this year I know WHY! And knowing that makes this decision very, very hard to make. Please pray. By the way he is practicing for wrestling and he did get certified in his weight class yesterday but officially nothing has been decided.






Now onto scrapping....since I was talking all about Andrew in this post I thought it would be kind of neat to show the layout that I did this week when he was born and Maddie met him for the first time. He has grown kind a bit don't ya think?? Maddie's face always kills me in this picture because I knew that she loved this new baby but I think that she was trying to grasp just how much her little life was going to change from that moment on.






I am still working on Christmas cards and gifts. Will share more of them later. I have deadlines upon deadlines that need to be met this month and I am running out of time. I think that I need another me!! So cutting this short so I can get off this computer and get myself back to work!!

3 comments:

Rox-Ann said...

Huge Congrats to Andrew that is an awesome award!! National Honor Society too is just awesome Congrats! Love the layout Jenn! Try not to stress to much just "Let Go and Let God"! It will all work out!

ScrapAddict said...

Congrats to Andrew Jenn! Love that layout. You'll figure things out. Pryaer si a great place to start. Remember, he is still part child & sometimes we have to make decisions for our children that they don't like /...but are in their best interests. So you have to ask yourself.....what's best for him?

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone. Prayer is wonderful, you'll get through! Congrats to Andrew on his accomplishments!