Snow and snow and more snow!! It just keeps coming and it isn't even Thanksgiving yet. The forecast for today and tomorrow is 2 feet for when it is all said and done. This is on top of the foot and a half already on the ground. The Farmer's Almanac did say that this was going to be a snowy winter and we have really been lucky the last few but goodness....does it have to be so much so early? This picture was taken earlier this morning and I have to say right at the moment it is NOT snowing and the sun is actually out. It could be deceiving but one look at the radar tells me plenty more is on its way. Oh the joys of Lake Effect!!
So being in the Christmas spirit...how could you not with all that snow? I created this countdown calendar for Max this christmas season. I have had this for awhile but didn't know what papers I wanted to use until I found the My Mind's Eye Be Merry collection. Oh my these are the cutest papers ever and they just make me smile!! I mean really, look at the snowmen....who could resist a snowman this cute!! I am not sure what I am going to fill the boxes with yet....it reminds me of an advent calendar my mom had for us when we were little. One year she filled it with little candies and I can remember being so excited when it would be my turn to open the surprise. I might fill Max's with little ornaments and then get a small tree for him to hang them on so the closer we get to christmas the more decorated his little tree will become. But if I know Max he would probably love hershey kisses inside more than anything!! Maybe I can fit both in. We will have to see.
Back to work for me....now I have to finish up some more of my deadlines before I get fired!! LOL!

4 comments:

ScrapAddict said...

Back to work you!! Great Advent! Wow on the snow.....just.....Wow!

Anonymous said...

I agree, WOW on the snow...great calendar, love those papers!

Calia Yang said...

We'll never see that much snow or even 1% of that snow in GA!! It's beautiful, but I'm not fond of snow/cold weather - as you know. ^_^ But i'm sure it's LOADS of fun to play in! ^_^ Hope you keep warm up there!!
I super duper love your calendar!! that's really uber!!

Kristine Paisley said...

Oh My! That is a LOT of snow - being a California girl I can't even imagine it! Sure is pretty though! I LOVE the advent calendar, SO CUTE! Hugs!