Just wanted to wish everybody a Happy Thanksgiving and hope everybody is safe in their travels this week. I am so thankful this year for so many things and the one thing that comes to mind first and foremost is the health of my kids. I am watching so many of my care page kids and their families struggle this holiday and some that are mourning the loss of their children. It just makes me take a step back and look at my life and realize that struggles I am having at the moment are nothing in comparison. And to remember that on any given day my world can be rocked to the core without any warning. So I am vowing to not stress, get cranky and have to be perfect this upcoming holiday season. I am going to enjoy the days from Thanksgiving to New Years with my family and have some fun creating memories....ummmmm just like having my two girls today creating paper christmas chains to decorate the house. They haven't done that since they were in elementary school yet today they got the idea and ran with it. So cute to see teenage girls like that.


Speaking of Maddie....she is home safe and sound for break. I went to bed last night with such peace and it was just because I knew that all of my babies were home and under my roof sleeping. It just doesn't get any better than that I think.


And on the weather front...We are looking a bit more like Christmas today then Thanksgiving because yet again we are getting socked with some lake effect snow. I am fretting just a little bit because our satellite has been out all day and there is a Sabres game in a couple of hours. The Drew's are outside at the moment trying to clean it off but if not then I guess we will throw in some Christmas movies and go with that.


Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!
P.S. This layout is one that I made for a layout tag game and I couldn't share it before until everybody finished....this is one of the things that I am very thankful this year....that when Max was hit with the foul ball at the baseball game in the spring that he came away with nothing more than a bruise, a tad bit of a headache and the ball that hit him. Oh my, it could have been so much worse....he had his guardian angel grandma looking over him that day!!



2 comments:

ScrapAddict said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! How true it is there is no better peace than having those you love home and safe. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Jenn! God Bless!