This day makes me a little bit sad now that mom is gone but I know she is smiling down on all of us today (and everyday!) The day is kind of different because the house is so dang quiet without the three older kids. They all texted first thing this morning and gave me lots of love through the phone waves. Max has actually been a monster today. He was so bad in Wal Mart this morning after church that Drew had to take him out of the store. I think that he was just hungry and his blood sugar was down. We used to have this problem with Abigail but this last week is the first we have noticed it with Max. Drew took me to the Upper Crust for a cheese danish after church too...they are my favorites!! Last night we took his mom and dad to the Country Club for prime rib dinners to celebrate Mother's day and also dad's birthday. They are going to Maine over his birthday to spend time with Paige during her treatments so we wanted to make sure we got it in before they left. The dinner was delicious and Mr golf pro Max actually sweet talked the waitress (also owner of the club) to take him out and let him hit some golf balls. This kid can wrap everybody around his little finger. Now all he talks about is going back there again. My lord do we have the next Tiger Woods on our hands????


Went to the Amish yesterday and bought our flowers and veggies to plant later on (if it ever warms up!) I love going there to get our plants...they have the nicest plants around and are very inexpensive compared to the nurseries around here. We are planting a very large garden at Grandpa's house this year to help with our food budget. Gas is at 3.79 this week and it is really putting a strain on our pocket book. Drew and Max went over yesterday and got some of the heartier plants planted. I am excited about doing this this year. Remind me that I said that when the crops come in and I am canning my tail off!!


Talked to Niki on the phone friday...they are getting by. Poor Ellie is just so darn tired and very moody...who wouldn't be. So it is a bit of a strain on them all. I just hope things settle down for them a bit. Paige had a complication with her surgery yesterday and had to have another one to drain a hematoma. She stayed over night and will be home later today. Please pray for them both...this is just so hard on everybody.
I hope that everyone of you moms out there has a wonderful day!! I will share some more layouts tomorrw but for today just know that I am thinking of you all!!

No comments: