Hahahahaaaa.....I allowed myself to be in a no buying challenge which means that I have to make 10 things with stuff that I have on hand and no new stuff!! I can easily make hundreds of items with what I have so that really isn't a problem at all. The problem is the no buying part!! Anyways, these two cards that I made yesterday and today are for this challenge. I had fun going through all of my stuff and finding the little doodads to use. It feels pretty good I must say. So 2 down and 8 more to go before I can hit the stores!! I better hurry up so that I shop again!!

The "Love You" card I used bits and pieces of things that I had left over from a kit from Kelly's Kit Shop. Love her kits because of all of the yummy embellies that she includes. It was so easy to put this one together. The flowers have bits of bling in their centers, I inked all of the edges to give it a distressed look and added prima Whispers letters for my sentiment. I think it turned out kind of cute and will be sent out as a Valentine this year.

The second card is made out of an envelope. I recceived the tutorial from Split Coast Stampers (Go ahead and check it out!!) and was so excited to try this one. Again, I raided my stash to find all of the doodads to include. Bits of lace from my sewing days too...lots of fun.

Today has been a quiet day....lots of sun but oh so stinking cold! It was -7 at the bus stop this morning. Man I can't wait for it to warm up and stay warm!! Everybody will be home late today so once Max gets home from school it will just be him and I. I am hoping to be able to take him down for a haircut this afternoon. We have been trying to get him one but every time we are free the hairdressers are too busy!! So wish me luck....he really, really needs one!! Other than that there isn't much going today....the calm before the storm or actually the busy weekend ahead of us. Wouldn't want it any other way I suppose. Life would be boring then!!

Good news today too....Maddie worked out it with all of her professors and she will be able to come to Myrtle Beach with us!! I am so stinking happy!! Last year it was so very hard to go without her and I am just so thankful she could get it all worked out. Yeah!! We are going to have so much fun....sun, sand, sun, ocean, sun.....and hopefully hot, hot weather!!

5 comments:

Mindy Gibson said...

Great cards!!!!!!!!!

ScrapAddict said...

Love those cards!!!

Cheryl said...

You just rock the cards! Love all of these! You have a lot of determination to scrap from that stash . . . and not buy anything. Hope you meet your goal. LOL

papertrails leaver said...

Your cards are precious Jenn! Always enjoy seeing your work. ♥ Great job with the no buying challenge!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the cards, I wish I had an ounce of your talent. Thanks for stopping by my blog.......miss ya!