We are heading out to Rochester tonight for a weekend tournament of JAVA volleyball. It should be fun...a change of pace from the stressful wrestling tournaments!! We will even get to spend some time with Maddie so that is always a big plus. Of course my bleacher butt isn't going to improve over the next couple of days but hey...that is what being a mom of athletes is all about.

Things are improving with Andrew's shoulder everyday. We have had a few emotional blow ups (both he and I) It is just hard not knowing what to do about it. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately because they really do care...) several of the coaches have been putting in their 2 cents about it...surgery or no surgery...when to have it if we decide to. At this moment I don't think it is the proper time to make any decisions. He was scared because of the intense pain he felt over the weekend...but the doctor told him that it what it was going to be like if he got himself caught. The tear isn't going to get any worse...it is torn and he can't tear it anymore. It is just a matter of how much pain he can tolerate. If you ask me...wrestling is not the sport to test it but of course nobody asked me. The doctor is least worried about baseball, then football with the special brace....wrestling on the other hand was a different story. So with that being said....baseball starts next Wednesday....I think he is going to play. As far as the surgery goes....haven't a clue...but time line wise....I think it may be after football season next year if he feels it is warranted.

Okay...onto much happier things. I have been creating all week. I am in a card swap over at Coordinates Collections so I have been working on those. These are a couple of my favorites and again I am using up all of my scraps. I am having fun coming up with different ways to use my bits and pieces...makes me feel good. I still have a couple more to do but I will probably have to wait until next week to finish them up. I also posted my weekly recipe challenge over at The Shaker Box today....so if you have a chance go on over and check it out.

I am off to finish up laundry and get packed. Thanks for stopping by and keeping up with my crazy world!!

4 comments:

Diva Scrapper said...

The cards are lovely as always.
As for your son, I wish him well and that his recovery is less painful than the growing pains that he must endure. I have a torn meniscus..and it's no fun..it never truly heals it just gets better and certain activites just aggrevates it. Good luck!

papertrails leaver said...

Like the curves on the first card and the patterns on the second. Fun! I really hope AT makes a full recovery quickly. prayers and hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

Lovin the cards, Jenn! Hugs to a speedy recovery for Andrew!

Calia Yang said...

oh goodness!! loving these cards!!! ^_^ glad you'll be able to do some volleyball related stuff instead of wrestling! ^_^ Sending loads of hugs - hope andrew's shoulder gets better!