February!!

8:42:00 AM | 2 Comments




I never would have expected that I would be so happy to see the month of February but January was such a snowy, crappy blue month that I am thrilled to be moving on and a little bit closer to Myrtle Beach!! I haven't started an official countdown yet but just knowing we are one month closer helps get through the mid winter blues!! Unfortunately that Phil guy saw his shadow so he is predicting 6 more weeks of winter BUT Dunkirk Dave didn't see his shadow so I think I am going to believe him....I mean really he is only just a few miles down the road and I certainly like his prediction much better!!

Being that it is February I have decided to surround myself with pink!! I am working on lots of Valentine goodies and having fun using the colors of the holiday. How could Pink not brighten anyone's day? Speaking of pink, my friend Kimmy was my Valentine Diva swap partner and oh my did she send me some yummy stuff!! She wrapped all the little packages in pink paper and added ribbons and hearts. It was just what I needed to get myself moving and out of my winter doldrums. Thank you KIMMY!! You are the best!! I have been using the special goodies from her to make Max's Valentine's for his class. It is so much fun to be able to do this all over again!! I have to say having an "Oh my gosh" baby has been quite a treat!! Anyways, when I get them finished I will share them...I think they are turning out quite cute if I say so myself. I also managed to make a card to keep in my stash. I am trying hard to use up my scraps and make cards so that I have them on hand when the need arises.....it will be so much nicer to just go and get one out to use instead of stressing about getting one made in time. I haven't really scrapped any layouts in awhile...being sick and seasonally depressed has sure put a crimp in my creativity but hey....I think I am working my way out of that!!

We have a busy weekend ahead of us....Volleyball for Abby on Sunday and a birthday party for Max on Saturday. But the next few weekends will be far busier for us with lots of traveling for tournaments both wrestling and volleyball. I am also hoping to plan a tiny little get away for when the kids are off this month for winter break. We would so like to squeeze in a night at a hotel in Rochester with Maddie...one with a swimming pool so we can spend some time together just relaxing. Would love to be able to coordinate with extended family members too....I think we all need a get away about this time! Hopefully the kids sports schedules and Drew's college schedule will allow us to get some time away. Fingers and toes crossed!!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a great day!!

2 comments:

ScrapAddict said...

Hope February is a warmer, less snowy month!! Great swap goodies! Love the card!!

Mindy Gibson said...

Great swap goodies! Love the blog too!