Oh my gosh...we had such a wonderful time on our vacation!! I just can't tell you enough how much we needed this!! Our hotel was amazing and the ocean was breath taking. I miss it so much already!! I think that my soul was meant for the ocean. We stayed on the 9th floor with a balcony overlooking the ocean. I was scared out of my mind because I was constantly thinking that all it would take was one wrong move and down we would go...but I did manage to get over that feeling after a couple of days. I did learn however that Max is not afraid of heights one tiny bit. The elevator had glass windows in it and he just loved that. He would make Abby go to the 21st floor just so he could look out the windows that high. We spent a lot of time on the beach and even though we wore plenty of sunscreen the sun played a little bit of havoc with our winter skin. Abby and I got a touch of sun poisoning but believe me my tan is worth every bit of uncomfortableness (Smile) The baseball games didn't go too hot...in fact they lost all 4 of them. But remember these guys have not had a lot of time playing and most of their practices have been inside due to snow and other weather. So it was good for them to get these extra games in so they have more experience for the section games here at home. I took tons of pictures and I will be surely posting them as soon as I get a chance. Here are a few to get started with but of course once again I did not turn the pictures before posting. Sorry about that guys!! We did so many wonderful things that I could be here forever talking about them. The funniest thing that we did was take the boys to Hooters. We went with friends and had such a fun time. It was certainly not what I expected but at least I can say I was there...once!!


While I was away though I received some very sad news about my dear friend Stephanie. She lost her battle with cancer on April 13th. She fought so hard and she was always so positive...I really thought that she would be able to beat this horrible disease. I am so happy to know that she is no longer suffering but my heart breaks for her family...especially her youngest daughter Savannah. Please keep this family in your prayers....this is not going to be an easy time for them and I am sure they could use all the strength our prayers could give them. Stephanie was an amazing women and she took me under her wing...she helped me often when I was missing my mom. She was an amazing scrapbooker but most of all she was an amazing friend. I am going to miss her so much...I can't believe that I will never open my email again to find a message from her. Cancer truly sucks!! Sorry for the language but there is just no other way to describe it!!



Well, I am going to try and finish unpacking. Funny how packing for a trip is way more fun then unpacking from one!!! It is nice to be home again but I sure do miss my ocean...we are definitely doing this again next year!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad you are home safely and had such a good time!

Just saddens me to hear about Stephanie. My thoughts kept drifting back to you today, Jenn. God bless....