I am totally whipped! The poor girls played over 20 games this weekend...I seriously lost count after 20 and my brain was so shot that I couldn't even try to figure out how many they actually did play. They ended up taking first in their bracket which sounds more glamorous then it really was but let us just say that when push comes to shove these girls CAN make it happen. And I am so proud of them for that! Abby totally rocked this weekend...well more so on Sunday. Saturday it didn't seem like the girls were very in tune with each other but my goodness on Sunday Abby, Michelle and Amy just rocked. I don't know the exact number of kills that Abby had because I lost count of that too....but just about every time they set her the ball she nailed it. Unfortunately for a couple of girls on the opposing teams she nailed it right in their face. Daddy was oh so proud!!

We left here on Friday afternoon and didn't get back home until late last night. Lots of driving and sitting and driving and sitting. A little bit of pool time and lots of eating fast food. My tummy will take a few days to recover from that. I am looking forward to a home cooked meal tonight. Our hotel was kind of stinky....lots of problems with heaters and elevators and can you believe this....no hot tub!!It did have one major attraction though.... a Target half a second away!! It also had a Michaels and I was so excited to see that but alas....I only had time to hit Target that first night for a few minutes and was unable to muster up enough energy to hit Michaels later on in the weekend. Oh well, my pocket book is probably much better off because of it!!

We got to spend some time with Maddie on Saturday which was very good for my soul. I miss that girl so much!! She looks great and she is always the person I can go to to make me giggle in times of stress....and we had lots of times of stress this weekend. I just can't wait to spend the week with her in Myrtle Beach....counting down the days!!

Today I am going to try and regroup and work on these fleece blankets that we had made for the wrestlers and coaches. They are pretty hot and I will have to show you them when I am finished.

Oh, and I have to share this too....a few years ago one of my friends was killed in an automobile accident...it was a really tough time for all of us. I babysat her daughter and our families are really very close. Anyways, they did an article about her and Elysia (her daughter) in the paper today....relating to a memorial fund raiser in Xylia's honor. I thought that it was pretty neat.

No comments: