Lots to catch up on I guess. We will start with football...well, the game Saturday night was very painful to watch!! The poor boys were beat 18-0! Let me tell you there were some not very happy dads on the sidelines and even unhappier boys on the field. It was just a game where neither the coaches nor the players were on the same page...at all!! There is so much individual talent on this team and I just hope and pray that these coaches can figure out a way to make it all work together or this team is never going to win a game. And I just can't stand the thought of that happening. They have been practicing hard this week to get ready to face the undefeated Southwestern Trojans. This particular team just moved down into our class this year and they have a reputation for being an awesome team. It would do our boys so much good to pull off a win here and I do believe they have the talent to do so!! So fingers and toes crossed for Friday. Oh yeah....forgot to mention...our team is starting to get injury riddled. One player broke his hand Saturday on the opening kick off...didn't realize and kept playing the entire game!! Only to find out Sunday just how bad it really was. He is hoping to get into a hard cast this week so that he will be able to play Friday....man oh man this kid has guts and determination!!


Abby's volleyball woes are getting a teeny bit better...not much but we parents have all come to the conclusion that there is really nothing we can do about this coach and hopefully the school will realize that there was a reason she was let go from her previous job. Anyways, Abby is looking forward to starting with the travel league in November.


Maddie joined a rugby team at UofR...yep you heard that right and she is having the time of her life. I guess that I need to learn all about another new sport because I haven't a clue about rugby. We are hoping to get to see some games too. SHould be lots of fun!!


Now onto the scrapping world. First...MMFY is having a Crop Pink for Breast Cancer Online Crop on the weekend of Sept.26-28th. Please come over and join us for lots of fun challenges, games and prizes. It is all for such a great cause. So if you haven't registered there yet...please do!!


This layout is for my Recipe Challenge that I have going on over there every week. This weeks recipe includes:

Cardstock

2 Patterned Papers

Hand Written Title....don't be afraid...I just drew block letters and outlined them with my sharpie and colored them in. Easy Peasy!!

Flourish

Double Matted photo(s) You can use as many photos as you want...just make them double matted

Staples....I stapled my flourishes on to my layout

1 Paperclip

Journaling Tag


I thought that this funky look with the hand written title worked really great with the funky pictures my kids gave me!! They really do crack me up sometimes!!


Okay I am off to finish canning my spaghetti sauce and also hoping to scrap a bit today!!

No comments: