First off...look what I got in the mail yesterday! My Coleman shirt!! I was so excited to receive it and so sad at the same time. Coleman is a little guy that I have been following for awhile now. He had cancer and he went through so much that it just sickens me to think about it. But his motto was Neva Give Up! (That is what it says on the other side of the shirt.) He passed away earlier this year. First thing I did when I opened the package was to kiss that sweet little face. Then I promptly started to cry and so desperately wanted to hold Max right then and there. Max and Coleman are the same age. After I gathered my wits I praised God that he was with Coleman right now...and Coleman was healed and no longer in any pain. He was free to be a little boy once again!! Coleman is going to the beach with me in a few weeks....and I will proudly wear his sweet little face!!

My second thing I want to mention today is of the political nature. Sorry if I offend anybody but I can't help it...I was truly offended by the remarks of our President of the United States....and believe me I now say that phrase loosely!! What he said about the special olympics was deplorable! Totally despicable!! And if the media just lets it slide by then they too are deplorable and despicable!! I can only imagine if it were President Bush that had said that and what a media circus that would have been!! I mean I seem to remember what a circus it was when a particular Vice President had a bit of difficulty with a potato!! The media wouldn't let up on that for months...well this is the president for goodness sake and for him to make such a low down cruel joke such as he did then he should be put through the wringer for it!! I will admit, I did not vote for the guy...my choice as I live in the United States...I will admit that I wanted ever so badly to hang my flag upside down outside my home the day after the election (A symbol that our country is in crisis for those of you who may not know that) and I will admit that I pray daily for the man and for our country so that no harm will be done in the next four years. But never, ever in my wildest dreams did I think that what he said would ever come out of that mouth of his. I will continue to pray for this...........not even sure what I want to call him anymore but believe me my prayers will be a sacrifice!! Sorry if I offended anybody.

Onto a brighter note...we will be meeting with NCAA recruiter tomorrow morning for Andrew Thomas. I have been frantically trying to clean the house...oh boy...well, it is what it is and I just hope and pray the guy isn't very observant (smile) Will let you all know how it goes later.

The kids have the musical this weekend and I have to tell you...I haven't seen my kids all week!! I will be glad when this thing is over. Sunday Abby will play volleyball in Jamestown for the big JAVA Spikefest!! She will have to miss Saturday because of the musical but hopefully she will be awake enough to play Sunday.

Thanks for stopping by today and hey if I made ya upset about my rant on Obama then I am sorry but it is what it is!! (smile)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Girl you brought me to tears. My BF's daughter went through leukemia and I was there visiting with them when she found out. The things she went through...but she is in remission now and has been for several years.
I agree btw with your views about the Pres. He is in a public position representing every American to the rest of he world he needs to watch what he says.