It appears that this weekend will be a pretty quiet one! Thank goodness because I really need a weekend where we aren't running around. Although...the guys are going to have to make a trip into Rochester to return Maddie her car. Yep....she made it here the other night safe and sound. But we took her car to our mechanic so that he could get the inspection done and he found...of course you knew that there would be issues because this family and cars just don't get along...that she had a terrible gas leak. And of course when he tried to fix the hoses the rusty stuff under the car caused problems and well...it turned out to be more of a job then he could fix in a day. So poor Maddie went back to Rochester without her car...thank goodness for grandpa and grandma because they were able to get her back in time for work. It seems like the car will be finished by the weekend and that is why the boys are heading up there. Max and I will stay home though because he really isn't a fan of driving in the car for 4 hours. Hopefully the repair bill won't be too awful bad but of course we are more concerned with her having a safe car then anything else!!

I did scrap today...I have been making myself dig out my older pics because...well...I have boxes and boxes of them that need to be scrapped. Of course the layout I did the other day was a really old picture but this one isn't too awful old...2005. This was Max's first Burger King Kid's Meal. He was really more interested in the toy then the food and I guess I have to say that he still is like that today. We have yet to get him to try a hamburger or cheeseburger though. Only the chicken nuggets. He is not a fan of mixing up his foods either so I think that is why a sandwich doesn't interest him. Too funny. I have also taken up to doing a lot of my journaling for my layouts on the back. Sometimes the journaling just does not fit my design...but telling the story is very important to me. To be able to do both I figured writing on the back was the best bet. This way I can tell the whole story and not have to worry about space. I can also easily add that the pictures were from this date but I journaled it on this date. It just makes me feel a little better knowing that I am actually getting the story written. I know...I am babbling again.






Can you believe what a pumpkin he was? Sometimes I forget how precious his little face was. Of course he still has the most precious face but it is soooooo different now that he is a "Little Man"


Thanks for stopping by today. Tomorrow I will be posting a new recipe challenge over at The Shaker Box so pop on over if you want to see it. Oh and by the way...we woke up to snow this morning! I was not a happy camper!! Myrtle Beach cannot get here soon enough!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn, beautiful LO's as usual. I know all about car problems, HUGS for sure..Max is adorable.

ellen s. said...

oh that layout is so true! heehee...i and i love those letters...i need them! i know what you mean abut having quiet weekens AND car trouble lol...800 bucks last week [sigh}